Welcome to India’s most Prestigious Grooming Competition to be conducted at a World class Venue - HITEX at Hyderabad.
Showcase your trimming and grooming skills on Model Dogs or Live Dogs – choice is yours and you have the freedom to choose the Breed of your choice and the Freedom to express your ideas in Salon Free Style that would be Judged by renowned Australian Grooming Expert James Bennett – CEO Of James Bennett Grooming Academy (Australia) & Chief Faculty of Academy of Grooming Arts (Hyderabad)
KNOW YOUR JUDGE
James is a multi-award winning master dog groomer and highly accomplished groomer who travels the world giving grooming classes. James is an expert in all-hand scissoring, Poodle grooming, and desheds.
In the grooming industry, he is known as Mr Scissor Hands. James Bennett, owner of the James Bennett grooming academy, has more than ten years of experience in the show ring, breeding poodles, and travelling the world to master the art of grooming. James delivers the best courses from all over the world to his pupils.
James Bennett is also an award-winning entrepreneur, poodle breeder, and industry leader, with his salon La Casa De Pooch being named “Brisbane’s Best Grooming Salon” for the second year in a row in 2022.
Day & Date
9:00am to 11:30am
Seminar By JAMES BENNETT Shih-Tzu Grooming & Coat maintenance.
11:30am to 12:00 noon - Tea Break
12:00 noon to 1:00pm
Introduction of Plush Puppy Company Profile, Product range, usage method and advantages by Ms.Debra LeCourt - CEO of Plush Puppy, Australia.
1:00pm to 1:30pm - Lunch Break
1:30pm to 2:30pm
Siberian Husky Handling Demo lessons in Ring by KIRRI JACOBSON
2:30pm to 3:00pm - Break
3:15pm to 5:45pm
Grooming Competition for Both LIVE DOGS & MODEL DOGS
6:00pm to 7:00pm
Prize Distribution Ceremony.
10:00am to 11:00am
Poodle Grooming Seminar by James Bennett
10:00am to 11:00am
Bichon Grooming Seminar by James Bennett
Choosing the right level for you
In each segment there are 3 skill levels
This level is for groomers who have less than 1.5 years experience dog grooming and more than 6 months.
This level is for groomers who have either won a Novice class in any grooming competition or have more than 1.5 upto 4 years experience in dog grooming.
This level is for groomers who have either won an Intermediate grooming competition or have more than 4 years of experience in professional grooming.
Grooming Competition participants – Check in starts at 2 pm for Model Dog Class as well as for Live Dogs.
Kindly allow yourself enough time to set up your grooming tables, grooming equipment’s and brushing out the wigs for those competing in Model Dogs category.
Prizes Worth 15 Lakhs
1st Prize winner to the overall “GROOMING ARTIST of the Show”
2nd Place winner to the Overall “Runner Up GROOMING ARTIST of the Show”
Please Note: * TDS would be deducted as per Government Rules on Cash Prizes and it is mandatory to submit PAN Copy before cash prize is handed over.
Competition Rules :-
- Organizers will provide grooming tables with grooming arms.
- Contestants must bring their own grooming equipment i.e. scissors, clippers, blades, brushes, grooming loops, bath towels, Styling products.
- Plush Puppy Aprons will be provided at the time of Check-in, included in the participation hamper. Please ensure you are wearing the Plush Puppy apron provided to you in your participation hamper.
- Power Points will be provided.
- Water bottle for your Pets.
- Organizers will provide model dogs on a refundable deposit of Rs.5,000. (Model Dog)
- Full Body Dog wigs would be provided to the contestants at the event for Rs.2,750. (Model Dog)
Eligibility for Competing Dog
- 6 weeks or more coat growth is recommended or as per the breed hair. Sufficient coat growth is expected to display a visible change in the dog’s face.
- The competing dog’s coat should be clean, dry and free of mats, and the nails should be clipped or filed and ears cleaned before entering the ring. Sanitary area and foot pads can be trimmed.
- Competing Dogs should be healthy, free of disease, no open wounds and free of ticks/fleas. Must not show signs of aggression.
- Must be leashed when not crated or not being groomed and must never be left unattended.
- Last Administered Vaccine for Distemper and Rabies dose must be within 1 year and valid.
- Check in starts at 7:30 AM. Please give yourself sufficient time to fit the wigs on the skeleton.
- Brush the wigs and be ready before competition time starts as no extra time would be provided.
- Please deposit your Model Dogs after the competition is over and collect your deposit.
- No other Aprons or Grooming Jackets of any other brand logo apart from Plush Puppy would be permitted.